Monday, August 12, 2013

Update & Pictures - Letter From Elder Ferguson!


I don't know if I will be able to put it on my ipod yet, but can you send me the file for Moonlight Sonata? I guess they changed the rule, so we can listen to things other than Mormon Tabernacle Choir as long as it isn't a distraction. Send me my recording of it too.

This week we went to the British Pageant again. And while we were there, we got a phone call asking us if we could come again the next day and sing in it. So we did. I guess the MTC had sent out the missionaries one day so they needed missionaries who were out serving to come. So that was really cool.  

(Amy's insert- You can see photos of the Pageant at:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/lovingmemory/sets/72157634842544328/
I did not find Ryan in any of them, but they are cool to look at.  Also I watched a 9 minute video clip of a news report on it titled 3 Apostles visit the U.K.  and it was really great.   http://youtu.be/dsBw0-rGNyw  Now back to Ryan:

Then on Thursday, we had a full mission conference with Elder Holland and Elder Nelson. So yeah. No big deal or anything... Elder Holland hit the pulpit and yelled a lot, but it was really good. The spirit was really strong, and it was a really great experience.
The Church History Tour is next week. I don't really know what we're doing specifically, but basically I came at just the right time. Pretty much every good thing that could happen on a mission is. Right now. So that's pretty great. I guess this is preparation for when I'm going to be called to be an Apostle or something. No big deal... 8D

Anyways, we haven't really met with very many investigators this week because we've been so busy, but we did visit a less active member last night for dinner. He made curry. I had curry once in the MTC, and my companion made some curry a few days before, but there was no spice. This stuff had spice. I almost died. Alan said that it was only medium hot, for which I am grateful, because I have no doubt he could have made it much worse if he wanted to, but it was still pretty bad. He's really funny. He's in his seventies I think, and he always has a perfectly straight face, but he tells jokes all the time. We were talking about curry, and my companion mentioned some curry he had had before, and Alan said that it was a woman's curry. Apparently, Alan only eats Man Curry. Haha, anyways, it was pretty great. But I'm not looking forward to seeing it again. Elder Gabler said it will be even hotter the second time, if you know what I mean... XD

MTC PICTURES:




No comments:

Post a Comment