Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bikes, unexpected friendship, & more lessons…



Hmm. This week it was really easy to get through all of my emails. Yay, now I have more time to tell everyone about all of the amazing things that have happened in Wonderful Wales! =D

So anyways, this week, pretty much nothing happened. I went on exchange to Shrewsbury. That was really fun. They actually use their bikes there. Also, the missionary I was with was really good. I have been slowly noticing a pattern over my mission, and that is, that there is no pattern with people. 

Everyone is different, and just because someone plays an instrument or doesn't even play one, that doesn't mean they are a bad person or that I won't get along with them, and just because someone played all the same video games as I did and likes the same kind of music and everything, that doesn't mean that I'm going to like them or that we have to be friends. 

Elder J. doesn't play any instruments. He was really humble and we had a great time. Our exchange lasted way longer than they are supposed to normally and I didn't even want to come back. I would have been perfectly happy to stay in Shrewsbury with a missionary that doesn't play any instruments or video games or even listen to good music. Cause he's a good missionary, and that's what I'm here for.

This week I also learned about apostasy. I read a quote by a general authority whose name I forgot, but it was hilarious so I will paraphrase it for everyone to the best of my ability. He said something like, 'There are only two kinds of people in the church that spread false doctrine, and they are almost the only cases of spreading false doctrine ever. 

The first kind is people who don't check their sources and will just take anything they read as doctrine, such as talks that a website like latter-day-saintconservative.com will claim to be given by a prophet, although the church recognizes no such claim, is doctrinal.

The other kind is people who will twist the scriptures to believe something that is false, and they will be too prideful to accept that they are wrong when someone, even a general authority, disproves them, so they will continue spreading their false doctrine and fall into apostasy.'

Have a nice week, bye!

Elder Ferguson
mormon.org/me/C2WV




















No comments:

Post a Comment