Monday, February 10, 2014

Baptism/Conversion Story

Well, this week was really good. I don't really remember much of what happened, but it was good. On Tuesday we cooked a meal for one of our investigators and her family cause she has been really busy with work lately. So that was nice. We had a really good lesson with her, but we haven't seen her since. Hopefully today she will come with us to a weekly family home evening fireside thingy we have at a member's house accross the street.
Then on Friday, we were in a lesson with a less-active member and Elder H (from my last area) called me to tell me that one of my investigators from Middleton was being baptized the next day! So we took a train down to Manchester and we went to the baptism. This investigator was great. We were passing him on the street and he asked us for a Book of Mormon. We gave one to him and asked to come see him. The next day ( I may have already told you about this... oh well) when we saw him, he told us that he had pretty much done nothing but read the Book of Mormon since the day before when we ran into him. He told us that he was having a hard time accepting that it was the word of God, but he was trying. So we started teaching him about it, and when we asked him to be baptised, he said no, no, no, no, no. I have already been baptized, I do not need to be baptized again. We tried to explain the need for authority to no avail. I didn't actually expect him to be baptized, but apparently, he went to church, (after I had left) and he felt the Spirit telling him that he needed to be baptized again, so he did. It was great, and while I was there, another person I had been teaching told me that she's going to be baptized on March 1st! Yay!
It was really good to go back to Middleton for a day and see everyone again. I especially loved seeing my old ward mission leader who most certainly does NOT put e's on the end of all of his words. He is definitely my favorite ward member (unless some of the other members from Middleton are reading this, then they are my favorites too!)!
Anyways, that's pretty much it for this week. I think this is a plenty long letter, so if you don't think so that's too bad cause I'm out of email time anyways. Bye!

-- 
Elder Ferguson

This is a link to his Mormon.org profile.  This was my favorite part of this week's letter!  Click on the link below to read it!  -Amy

mormon.org/me/C2WV

No comments:

Post a Comment