Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year's Eve / & Coming to church / Fake Addresses

Well....
 
I don't really have a lot to say this week. This week for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, we were allowed to watch some more movies, we saw, Prince of Persia, Chronicles of Narnia 1 and 2, How to Train Your Dragon 2, Mirror Mirror, and Mulan, so that was nice.
 
Our amazing investigator came to church again, this time she ran to church because she was running late. I think she missed the bus or something. I didn't actually get to teach her this week cause I was gone on exchanges when they taught her.
 
This week, we had amazing numbers, we found loads of new investigators, but the sad thing is, of the ones that we found, we have gone back for return appointments with about half of them and of those, 100 percent were fake addresses, and I have a feeling that the rest are going to be just the same. I don't know why that's happening exactly. All I know is that our District Leader came here on exchanges with Elder H and I came back and they had five new flimsy investigators, and all of the sudden everyone will listen to us and tell us yes to whatever we say and then give us a fake address and leave. It's weird because this is actually motivating me to work harder, because when people don't show a lot of interest, I just leave it instead of just forcing a lesson on them anyway for numbers. Maybe it's bad, but I want to start the conversation with as many people as possible so that I can teach them right or drop them instead of wasting our time. Oh well. I'm sure this week will be better. At least we're not just getting bad numbers, but I don't think it's ever really been about the numbers...
 
Have a nice week, bye!
 
-- 

Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment