Monday, March 2, 2015

A Fireside



Oh. I forgot. I guess I should write the weekly email stuff. Well, this week we just said goodbye to everyone, because my companion got transferred, and then we said hello to everyone with my new companion. Boring... There is an investigator lady who's married to a member and she gives all of the missionaries nicknames so she can remember our names. I got two. So my nickname is Harry Potter aka Minion. So anyways, I drew a picture in Elder Hillam's book and then I was so proud of it I took a picture.

Anyways, there isn't a whole lot that happened this week. My companion is ok. I guess. We had a fireside that we were going to go to in Manchester. I guess I'll just talk about that. We were going to go with our golden less-active, but she wasn't feeling good because of a long story, so she cancelled half an hour before we were about to leave, and we're not allowed to go unless we have someone it's going to help. So we texted that part member couple I was talking about and they said they would come! Which was great because the non-member doesn't usually come to stuff like that, and also they had asked me to play the piano for some musical number thing, so we went.

The fireside is supposed to be like a testimony meeting, only with just recent converts and investigators talking about their conversion. It used to be really good, but this time, everyone took about twenty minutes or more. They were all just going up there and talking about whatever came to their minds. It started at 7:00 and it ended at 9:30, and President Ulrich, who normally talks, didn't even talk because he just wanted to end it. It was pretty disappointing. The musical number was fine. I did marvelous as usual.

Anyways, have a nice week, bye!

-- 
Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment