Monday, March 9, 2015

I love the temple




Wow, I thought I was doing really good on time until I realized that I hadn't actually written this email yet. Just be glad Elder M handed me my camera back or I might have forgotten and you couldn't have had this beautiful letter I am about to make up.

Well, this week, we went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead! That was super fun. Except for the part where we had to leave at the end. We had a proper production line thing going too. There was one couple (from Wrexham!) that were temple workers and everyone else was a missionary. We baptized, we recorded, we witnessed, we confirmed, we did everything. It was so much fun. Before we started, we all waited in the chapel to be given instructions and I got to play prelude music on the piano, but anyways, yeah, it was great doing baptisms. When I look at those cards, I see people. Not literally, but I know that those cards represent souls who are being given a chance for redemption. It's amazing.

Aside from that, this week was really boring. We went finding everywhere, and we found no one, but, we did get some less-actives to church, and we have established a good relationship with a member and his non-member wife. We are going to get her baptized before I go home. That is my goal. Don't tell her though. She still thinks she's a Baptist.

What I have learned this week, is that the Book of Mormon is full of stories with important precepts in them. You can get a message out of any story in the Book of Mormon, it wouldn't be there if you couldn't. So read it. The end. Somebody ask me some questions. I feel like all of my emails are getting really boring cause I have nothing to talk about.

-- 
Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment