Monday, April 13, 2015

The New Companion / The Book of Mormon lessons /Be nice to everyone!



Well, this week has been good. So Elder N is from Brazil. We have two Brazilian Elders in the ward now because there are a lot of Portuguese people in Rochdale. We already found two this week, so that will be good. I get to sit down and listen to him teach for half an hour or so, and then smile and say yeah and then we can leave.

Peter and Rebecca are doing good. I think she will get baptized before I go home. Hopefully.

This week, I have changed my boredom habit from snacking to reading the Book of Mormon. Because I forgot to buy snacks last week. So I have read about half the Book of Alma in about five days. I'm in Alma 40. And it's so good. There are two things that I want to point out. Actually, there are like ten, but I don't have time. "Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; and inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence." It says that about fifty times in the Book of Mormon. Not really, but it's close. It was a promise given to Nephi and his descendants and it is quoted over and over again. And we all know when something is repeated, it's important. So keep the commandments, so you won't be cut off.

Also, when the system of judges was set up, there was an important law given, and it's mentioned every time an anti-Christ or an apostate group comes up. And that law is a law of religious freedom. God wants us to choose who we will serve, and it is a God-given privilege to worship who, where or what we may. We should never view people as any less that any other simply because of their beliefs. We are all on equal ground and Heavenly Father doesn't love Mormons any more than he does Muslims. So just be nice to every one. We don't need to persecute the non-believers, we need to convert them.

-- 
Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment