Monday, April 27, 2015

Political Ambitions ;) / Caution About Enduring To The End…

This week has been good. It was really long. I actually don't remember very much of it. We saw those Portuguese people. It was good. They look promising, but we know at least the wife and maybe the husband work on Sunday... Bleh. I think the Government should just put a massive tax on all buying and selling on Sunday. I think that would solve a lot of the world's problems. Maybe I should run for Prime Minister. I could probably do it. I just can't tell anyone my secret plan because no one would like that but the Mormons...

So this week, we found a less-active couple.  So that was weird. But anyways, they are both very old, but they are very healthy and capable of getting around. And they have a car. And the husband used to be a leader in the church, but they got offended I don't know how many years ago, but it sounds like about tenish. I don't think they even remember why they were offended. They just remember that when they came to church for a relative's baptism, some of their old friends didn't talk to them, so they decided if no one wanted them there they wouldn't bother. And now they don't read their scriptures, and they don't pray. But the worst part is, they don't care. We asked them to pray every day and they laughed. They said that it would take 'a lot of effort' but they would try. It was super sad. They were so nice, but they were so clueless. Don't let that happen to you. Don't give up your testimony or your covenants just because church isn't what you always expect it to be. Just keep going, don't stop praying, don't stop reading your scriptures, it is important. It's way important. I don't really know what else to say about that.

Anyways, this week I finished the Book of Mormon so now I'm on to Doctrine and Covenants. It's way more boring than the Book of Mormon. At least for the first little bit. There are a lot of repetitions right at the beginning. I know that means it's important. But anyways, what I have been loving is that Joseph Smith is a Revelator! He is the head of this dispensation and he has revealed so many doctrines and covenants pertaining to our salvation. He received revelation just like all of the Prophets before and I believe the Doctrine and Covenants just as much as I believe the Book of Mormon. And I believe the things that our Prophets are still revealing, and I believe that there are still many things that are yet to be revealed that we need to know about. So don't go less-active. You need to be sustained by continuing revelation!

-- 
Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment