Tuesday, May 26, 2015

God is Hastening His own work

I can't remember what week it is. I might have already told you some of the same stuff, but that might have just been this week. We had our interviews with President Ulrich this week. It was pretty good. I don't really know for sure what I should even say about that. He told me I'm a good missionary and don't be trunky. That's pretty much it.

So two weeks ago, I didn't tell you, but, a lady just kinda walked into the church and asked for me (because some missionaries had told her I was there). So a member from another ward came in during sacrament meeting and told me there was someone there looking for me so I came and sat next to her. So that was nice. But, the reason she came was because she has been less-active for about five years, ever since she was baptized, and she suddenly decided to start living the word of wisdom and come to church. So she moved to some sort of a rehab place and she's been there for two months and then she came to church. So we have started meeting with her, and she's doing way good. She has totally turned her life around and now she's active and she just gave a talk about her change in church on Sunday. It's great.

And then another person who I used to see but haven't seen for a month or two because she had kinda given up on herself and stopped answering the phone, showed up to church. And now she's living the word of wisdom, or at least trying, and she's coming to church and it's so good to see her there again too. There are so many people coming back and there's nothing I've even done. I think it just goes to show that God is Hastening His own work. I hope that we can all keep up the pace.

And again, I have nothing to say about Articles of Faith 1:5
We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

-- 

Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment