Monday, August 4, 2014

"My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ..."



Hello. This week was really boring. I am staying in Newtown for another transfer. Yay! I am starting to recognize people that I just pass on the street. That is how small Newtown is. This week we tracted a whole bunch. It was super fun. I don't know if it's different in America, but the auto-correct here doesn't like the word tracting. I don't think it's actually a real word. Today I am listening to the mormonchannel radio music stuff. It's kinda nice.  Too bad there are no jazz hymns. 

If you are thinking about going on a mission and you are worried that it will be scary or that people will yell at you and it will make you sad or stuff, don't worry, after a year, you won't even care. It's kinda funny. Yesterday a man came out of his house just to do us the favor of telling us, among other things, that we should just give up and go home. Haha, that would have made me really mad at the beginning of my mission, but I don't mind now because getting mad isn't my job. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, and that's it. Once I've done that, it's their problem if they don't want to listen. As a joke while we were tracting, (this is only a joke, of course I know it doesn't work this way!) I suggested that we carry a black crayon with us and write tare on everyone's door when they told us no.(D&C 86:7) Haha. 

But we have talked to some really nice people lately as well. Yesterday we met a witch. She was really nice. She said she doesn't do any curses anymore because she has to pay for those. She said she only gives people protection spells. 

This week we also went to the Kingdom Hall! I got a free JW Bible and a JW Hymn Book! Their bible is really nice quality. The Jehovah's Witnesses are all really nice. I wish I could just convert them. They would make good members, but they don't really like the Book of Mormon. Oh well.

--
Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment