Sunday, August 31, 2014

Time Capsule



8-26-14
Hello everyone. I am really starting to run out of things to tell everyone because every week ends up being about the same. Oh well, don't worry, in two weeks I will be transferred and I will have a new area and a new companion. :) 

This week I will tell you a joke that me and Elder V made up.

 A blind man walks up to some missionaries and tells them that if they were from the true church, they could heal him. So the missionaries smiled because, haha, they can. And they say, as everyone always does, 'Do you have the faith to be healed?' and the blind man said, 'I'll believe it when I see it.' 

We went and saw John again last Wednesday. He still hasn't got an answer, and he is going on holiday to another country now so we can't see him until he comes back. The only thing is, he isn't coming back for over 6 months. So we put a reminder with an alarm in the phone (funny side note, last week I discovered that we have the same exact phone as missionaries in mexico haha) for when he gets back and some missionaries are going to get a time capsule referral. Haha. 

This week in church we had a lesson about Job for Gospel doctrine and then we had a lesson based on President Uchtdorf's talk on gratitude from our last conference. It's funny, I don't know if they coordinate the lessons, but I don't think they do, they just always happen to match up in church. It's crazy. But what I learned this week was that we have to be grateful for our trials, even, and probably especially, during them. Just be happy, that's always your choice. Just be happy that you have the opportunity to have these learning experiences to refine the impurities from your soul. You asked for this life, and you are incredibly blessed, especially to be members of this church and a part of this covenant. Some people didn't even get the privilege of physical bodies. So be grateful!


-- 
Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment