Monday, September 8, 2014

Shutdown & Transferring to Wrexham England


Hi,

Guess what! We're getting SHUT DOWN! So that means that me and Elder V are leaving and no one is coming to replace us. It's been super weird ever since we got the call on Saturday cause we spend so much time finding normally, and now it would be pointless to find new people because there will be no one to teach them. So we visit a lot of the people we know and tell them we're leaving and pretty much just tell them to keep reading the Book of Mormon and to come to church and then that's it. I'm going to Wrexham which is just north of where I am now. And my new companion will be Elder O.

On Saturday, we were talking to some Jehovah's Witnesses for around an hour because we were stuck in Welshpool waiting for the train. It was super funny, JW's are always really nice. One lady asked me what the difference was between our church and theirs. I told her about the Book of Mormon, but I figured she had already heard plenty about it so then I told her about temples. It was interesting. Because they always try to say that they have the same sort of thing and compare and show that we're not really that different, but she had nothing on temples. She didn't know what to say. (random side note, I just smelled the temple for a second. Weird.)

Yesterday we went to a born-again church. That was a lot of fun too. It was pretty much a concert. It was nice though. They really like Jesus. While we were there, I was thinking about what it was that was different. And a lady asked me what was different as well. And as I talked to her, (it didn't actually go very well, it was kinda loud so it was pretty hard to communicate properly) but I realized that for most main-stream Christians, the only difference is our definition of Faith. Because after that, they don't have any beliefs. Because our faith has three components. It is an acceptance of the saving power of Christ's Atonement, but it also contains a proper understanding of the Godhead and an knowledge that the life you are leading is pleasing to God. If I could explain that to them, maybe they will think a little more about it. Hmm....  

-- 
Elder Ferguson


No comments:

Post a Comment