Monday, September 15, 2014

Wrexham - Great People & New Experiences !

Hey! So this week was really good! In Wrexham, it is different than in Newtown even though it is still in Wales. My first day in Wrexham we came back from our transfer meeting and we went and saw an investigator. He had been missing for a little while but they found him again right before I got there. We talked with him and asked him about what had happened for the last few weeks and he said that he had an issue but he felt really bad about it and he wanted to keep going. So he is going to be baptized on the 27th! Yay! I'm so excited for him, he's super shy and super humble. 

This week Elder O. also told me that there was a youth on the front row that he'd just been told was not actually a member, but she's been coming for about a year now. Wow. So hopefully she will be baptized really soon although it is a bit complicated. 

Elder O. is good. He is from Nebraska. It is going to be really weird to go home to America... But Elder O. and I are working really well together. Lately we have been focusing a lot on using pamphlets when finding, which I don't really get, and also using family history in finding, which I'm great at. And Elder O. is the other way around, so we are both learning a lot from each other. I also know a lot about the gospel, and Elder O. would like to learn a lot about the gospel, so it works out well! 

The ward here loves me already because I play the piano. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know what to do if I got sent to a ward that already had a pianist, I would have to find something else to do to get the members to like me (besides missionary work of course haha). I really like this ward, I could see by the way they talked to me and the way they talked to our investigator at church, I could definitely do a lot of good things here because they take good care of investigators.  They make sure they feel welcome. :)

Bye!

-- 
Elder Ferguson

From Amy (Elder Ferguson's mom)  

I got a message from on Facebook from a mom in Elder Ferguson's new ward in Wrexham.  She told me she met him and would keep an eye out for him and send me updates every now and then.  She just sent her son out on a mission too.  Yay!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment