Monday, September 29, 2014

Pattern of Tracting then success!

Ok, Me first! (Mom - Amy)  I got a few wonderful pictures from a member in Elder Ferguson's ward that he's serving in.  I had to share!  I'm so grateful for members that take the time to do small things for us like this!  - Thanks Sister Pierce






Hello everyone!                                        9-29-14
 
Hey, so this week, we did a lot of tracting. I don't know if you've noticed this, but there seems to be a pattern of that in my mission. I do a lot of tracting, then I have some success  then I do a lot of tracting, and that's what happened this week. So we went to a multi-zone conference on Thursday. I don't remember very much of it funny enough. It was nice though. Then we went home and the sisters in our area forgot the keys to their flat in Manchester, so we just sat around at McDonald's with them until the Office Elders came with the keys. It was pretty fun. I have also discovered that when I'm bored, I will just take pictures of myself. This is what happened at McDonalds, and hence, the picture. Haha. I crack myself up sometimes…


 
Anyways, then on Saturday we met with a Preacher that referred himself on mormon.org. He has some members of his congregation that have been investigating with the sisters, and he was "curious" to find out more.  I discovered some weird things about myself. Normally, I am always the quiet companion, and the one who doesn't say bold things, but while I was in Newtown, I saw a clip on the PMG videos where the missionaries told a lady that she should probably look for a new job where she wouldn't have to work on Sundays, and I realized that I could be bold, because I know I'm right, so me and Elder VB were bold. We weren't jerks or anything, but we said it like it was. Now I'm with Elder O. So we were talking with this preacher, and he started asking us about the Godhead. He started pulling out scriptures trying to prove to us the whole trinity thing, and I stopped him and asked us what we were doing there. He changed the subject. In the end, he said that he wanted to "interrogate" us to find out what we believe, but he would listen next time. I hope he does. He was a very nice man, but he asked us a lot of dumb questions about unimportant things and I want him to know the message of the Restoration. I also asked him if he had read the Book of Mormon and he would only tell me that he had a copy. I feel like he is just looking for faults to find in our religion to tell his congregation about, but it was interesting. It was interesting to see that I have changed and that now I am not afraid of anyone, even someone who is supposed to be "high up" in another church.
 
Then yesterday, we had a miracle. We decided to knock some random street. Elder O. felt like we should knock it. So we did and we met a man who was interested! We told him who we were and what we were talking about and he let us in. He said that he has only just moved here and he is interested in what we have to say, he met some Mormons before, but he didn't get the chance to talk to them. We talked to him for a long time, and he has  a very good knowledge of The Bible, but he didn't even try to bash. He just wanted to know the truth and to see if what we teach is contradictory to The Bible.  We had a good discussion and he said we could come back this week. He also has a family that will be moving up soon! Yay!
 
Bye!

-- 
Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment