Monday, November 3, 2014

Lesson in Prayer



Well, this week, we didn't tract one door. We spent the whole week just teaching referral after referral. As soon as I bore my testimony on Sunday all the members felt the Spirit so strong and they knew that I was the missionary that needed to teach all of their friends and family and so we have been driven to all of our appointments and we have just been teaching up a storm. We have seven people dated for baptism this week, and our goal for next week is eighteen. No more finding for Elder Ferguson.



Just kidding. This week, we just tracted. It was actually pretty sad, because we were just going around, knocking on doors like we do, and everyone was saying, I'm not interested and shutting the door. It's weird, I keep thinking that one of these times, they're going to just not say that, but so far, that hasn't happened. BUT, we have been praying a lot harder. Elder N is practically obsessed with praying about what area we are going to find in. I didn't really like that at first, because it didn't seem to be doing anything, but obviously, neither does just tracting without praying first, and 2 Nephi 32 says to listen to the Spirit that teaches you to pray, and PMG chapter one says that if we have Spiritual Power, we will be lead where to go, so I decided that maybe I should be humble and just try it. Alma 32 says that I'll find out if I try it first, so I did, and we still didn't find anyone, but then, the Zone Leaders told us that we should try stating our reason for the things we ask for (Alma 31, "their hearts are precious, I am infirm, etc."), and that we should pray for confirmation (I don't actually have a scripture for that off the top of my head).  I decided to be humble again and just try it, even if I wasn't so sure about the idea, and guess what?!?! We found two investigator families and a less-active member who said that she knew we had been sent to talk to her!! I don't know why, but it seems like every time someone says that maybe we were sent to them, it doesn't matter how lightly they said it, or how much they may not have actually meant that seriously, they are almost always right, and if I don't feel inspired to go somewhere, no one ever says that.  It's crazy.


-- 
Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment