Monday, November 24, 2014

Proverbs from Elder Ferguson

November 17, 2014   

Hmm… 

Today I am feeling considerably less grumpy, so that is good. This week, we did some tracting. It was pretty fun. I imagine that I am going to end up spending a long time during the judgement just sitting at the bar saying, "yup, they said their not interested too, yup, I talked to them and and they were busy washing their hair," (that's a stupid expression that people use here when they can't be bothered to come up with a realistic sounding excuse) 

This week we had a talent show on Saturday. Last Monday one of the Sisters in our ward printed out some sheet music for me to play while the other three missionaries sang and said, here, can you play this? haha. So anyways, I played it and they sang. Also, on Wednesday we went to a "activity" where they practiced for the talent show, but the ward pianist who was accompanying two songs, was in a meeting. So I got to sight read "you raise me up" in D and some classical thing in Ab. A FLAT! That was a pain. I was accompanying a man who was playing a tenor horn though. That was interesting. I was jealous. I should have asked to trade him places and sight read his music. That would have been funny, and it probably would have been way easier for me. Oh well. 

We also had our specialized training and interviews this week, which means that we had trainings from the zone leaders and assistants and president and we had interviews with President and Sister Ulrich. That was fun. I will share all of my insights from the week in the form of proverbs that I will make up because I hate wordy discourses with a bunch of fluffy words in it like "really" and "so much" and "things" and stuff.

1. If you can't find a solution, don't bother looking for problems.
2. If you don't have a solution, don't tell people what they're doing wrong.
3. If you find yourself questioning people's motives, it is a pretty good indicator that they're fine and you are just prideful.
4. You can learn a lot more about a person's character by what they say about others than you can by what they say about themselves.
5. If you keep looking for a perfect person to be your friend, you are going to be forever alone. 
6. If you like to talk to tomatoes, if a grape can make you smile, (darn, I forgot the rest) Have we got a show for you!!!

Have a nice week, bye!



-- 
Elder Ferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment