Monday, December 8, 2014

Stake Conference/ The church is true, don't forget it, because God won't forget you.

Woah, hey, so I figured out how to connect my ancestry account to my family search account. So before I forget, I'm going to pause and email everyone... :)

This week has been nice. We haven't done very much missionary work, but we still had fun. I don't actually remember what we did at the beginning of the week, but I'm sure it was good. Then on Saturday, we had the evening session of Stake Conference. That was nice. I played the piano while the rest of the missionaries sang for a musical number. I'm getting pretty good at sight reading hymns. I know Heavenly Father must have some sort of purpose for me, cause I wasn't even very focused on what I was doing and I still hit all the keys right anyways. I think my right hand knew not what my left hand was doing. I think that's a scripture somewhere, so it must be ok.

Oh, I almost forgot me clever analogy, just a second. This is kinda like my week this week, "16 ¶Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks."(Jeremiah 16:16) This is what it's been like because every week we find like four investigators, if we're lucky, then three of them disappear, and then we can just baptize them one at a time. :)

So anyways, this week, we went to stake conference. That was fun. And the best part was when we got there, because there's a video broadcast in the Telford chapel where we went, and we got there, and there on the screen was our new investigator that we had only taught once, sitting on the stand next to his friend. And then they sang together with the rest of the seminary students in the stake for the musical number. Haha. Then a member stood up to talk and singled him out and asked him to stand up. And he still says that he believes our church is true after all that! He actually really liked it and he said he felt the spirit really strong! Then we went to a fireside with those two and a recent convert who likes to drive us everywhere. The fireside was in Manchester. It was a lot of fun and President Ulrich spoke and he said a ton of things about Peter, James and John, restoring priesthood keys and all sorts of other fancy church words we had never told our investigator and probably some things that the other two members didn't even know about, since they were both pretty young. 

Then in the car ride home, our investigator told us that he doesn't think it's true anymore, he said he knows it's true. I don't know what's wrong with him. Maybe he's sick. Maybe he actually felt the Spirit. It was a pretty powerful meeting. 

The church is true, don't forget it, cause God won't forget you! These are my two scriptures for the week. They were going to relate to something, but I don't remember what. But here they are anyway; 


Isaiah 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.


Isaiah 5:25 Therefore is the anger of the Lord kindled against his people, and he hath stretched forth his hand against them, and hath smitten them: and the hills did tremble, and their carcases were torn in the midst of the streets. For all this his anger is not turned away, but his hand is stretched out still.

-- 
Elder Ferguson

2 different members sent me pictures via facebook last night.  Yay!  He looks happy!  (I think this was taken at a missionary fireside.)




No comments:

Post a Comment