Monday, December 15, 2014

Transfered to Rochdale, surprise!

Well, on Tuesday, we had a zone meeting. It was nice. We did some trainings, but I don't remember them. President Ulrich came to our meeting, 'just to visit,' and he came and watched me and Elder N and some other missionaries role-play, and he gave us some tips, and then he went and watched somebody else for the last couple of minutes. Then we had lunch, and our zone leader pulled me aside after I got my pizza in the oven and said, "Hey, so did President tell you about the transfer yet?" He hadn't. Then Elder O proceeded to bring the whole world crashing down upon my head. Not literally, don't worry, that's just a figure of speech. I don't know what kind though.
 
But anyways, he told me that I was moving to Rochdale and I was leaving right after our meeting ended. Woah. That is a long ways away. And it's almost Christmas. So anyways, I'm not actually that sad about it, but that was probably the most shocking thing that has happened to me on my whole entire mission. I actually got dizzy for a second. I never get dizzy. But anyways, I'm in Rochdale now, which is right next to the border of Middleton. I could walk from my flat to my favorite member's house from Middleton in about ten minutes.

Here is a link to a map of his mission.
 
So anyways, all of the people that I was talking about last week, are kinda gone. They're still investigating, they're still happy, but I don't really know anything else because I'm in the other multi-zone now. :/ I'm mostly sad because I don't get to have Christmas in Shrewsbury, I was actually really looking forward to that, but oh well, I already like the members here, I think I made a pretty good first impression yesterday. Actually, a lot of members asked me if I was English. So I'm doing good. I'm coming home with a Rochdale accent, get ready. This is kinda crazy, because there's a slight possibility that this could be my last area. It probably won't be, but it could be.
 
My new companion is Elder H. He's from Idaho, and he's nice. He has only been out for three months, so he's still really young, but we have a lot of fun. I can't really think of too much else to say just now, we don't have a huge teaching pool right now, but I'm sure next week I'll have loads of miracles to tell you all about, bye!

-- 

Elder Ferguson





No comments:

Post a Comment